1. Information collected
The following data is collected and processed:
1.1 Any information provided by you willingly through any of the following actions:
- Filling in forms on www.londongardeners.org.uk (our site) and our app (inclusive of data entered when downloading app)
- Booking enquiries made through site, app or email
- Making requests for further services
- Reporting problems.
The data collected may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, address, age, username, password, personal description, bank or credit card information, other relevant registration information, personal description, household/business detail, property photographs and others.
1.2 Any correspondence made with us for any purpose may be recorded.
1.3 You may receive requests from us to complete market research surveys. You are under no obligation to respond to them.
1.4 We may automatically collate technical data (such as mobile device used, IP address, operating system, browser, network information etc.) when you visit our site or use or app on your phone or via the computer. This information is only collected as statistical data for system administrations and and does not identify individuals.
1.5 We use flux information such as traffic data, weblogs, location data, and accessed resources for our apps and website for billing and other purposes.
1.6 We may use GPS or third party location technology in our app in order to be able to provide you with location enabled services.
1.7 We may also receive and use information about you from our third party alliances.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are used to store information about your browser and browsing behavior. This allows the website to remember your preferences and provide a personalized experience.
Types of cookies we use
1. Necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the basic functioning of our website. They enable you to navigate our site, use its features and access secure areas. Without these cookies, our website may not function properly.
2. Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information about your browsing behavior on our site. They help us to understand how visitors use our website, which pages are most frequently visited, and if there are any errors. This information is used to improve our site and user experience.
3. Functionality cookies: These cookies remember your choices and preferences, such as language or location.
3. Data storage:
3.1 All data collected from you can be transferred to and stored at a location within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, we may allow our staff from outside EEA and/or our suppliers access to the data when providing any support services. You automatically assent to this transfer, storing and processing when you give us your personal data.
3.2 We store your information in secure servers and ensure your payment details are SSL encrypted. You are requested to keep your passwords confidential.
3.3 Although we try our best to protect your data, data transmission via the internet is highly susceptible to interception and we do not guarantee security of transmitted data to our site. Please know that you conduct all transmissions at your own risk.
4. Information usage
4.1 The information you provide us with is used to achieve the following:
4.2 Make our site/app content more user friendly for your device.
4.3 Arrange support services and address booking enquiries.
4.4 Ensure that we complete our contractual obligations towards you.
4.5 Notify you timely about changes to our site, app, services and policies.
4.6 Enable you to use our interactive service features.
4.7 Send you information about goods and services we or selected third parties provide, that might be of interest to you. (You can unsubscribe yourself from these notifications by getting in touch with us).
4.8 We work with selected third party service providers who may have access to the following information to enable them to serve you better.
• Your name, address and contact details;
• Details about the property (including photographs)
• Services required
• Your payment details
• No obligation quote stated by us
5. Information disclosure
5.1 Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 allows us to disclose your personal information to any member of our group.
5.2 We will only disclose you details to a third party when:
- We are involved in any buying or selling of assets or business with them.
- London Gardeners or its assets are acquired by a third party.
- We have legal obligation to do so.
6. Your rights
You can refuse the processing of your personal info for marketing purposes.
You can have access to the information we hold about you.
7. Links to third party websites
We may sometimes include links to third party websites on our site. Please note that such sites form their own privacy policies which may not comply with ours and for which we are not responsible.
8. Policy changes